Monday 11 December 2017

IN TIMES OF TRIAL (7)

Beloved, when was the last time you visited Jesus present in the Blessed Sacrament at the Chapel of Perpetual Adoration? When last did you spend 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30minutes, and an hour as the case maybe with Jesus? Do you only remember Jesus when things go south for you? Can you spend just 15minutes of your day to visit Jesus and sing praises unto His Holy name? Aside the Holy Mass, do you also agree that the Eucharistic Jesus is still working in the lives of those who believe? As a Catholic, when last did you say Novena prayers, the Rosary in times of trial? Have you forgotten our Mother Mary? These questions are necessary and require deep reflection. Instead of running from one “prayer house”, “miracle center”, “shrines” to another, why not visit Jesus at the Chapel. He is ever ready to harken to your plea. 

There was a time I had a serious issue that made me spiritually depressed, I lost hope and I began questioning the reason of my existence and why I should suffer such problem. Guess what, I was deeply convinced that God allowed me to suffer so as to show me that HE IS STILL GOD. For seven days, I made sure I attended the Holy Mass with all my heart after which I spent enough time at the Chapel of Perpetual adoration. I made a special novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help. I knew God will answer me at the appointed time and YES, HE ANSWERED ME. God answered me in an extraordinary way far beyond what I expected. That is the beauty of God when He answers you. His blessings are always PERMANENT. There are numerous blessings and answered prayers we receive from God on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.

Now, there are some factors that creates barrier between us and God which leads to unanswered prayers. Our lifestyle, sin, our relationship with one another all contribute to unanswered prayers. The Holy Scripture out rightly said Do not think that the Lord is too weak to save you or too deaf to hear your call for help!  It is because of your sins that he does not hear you. It is your sins that separate you from God when you try to worship him. You are guilty of lying, violence, and murder” (Isaiah 59:1-2). Again, the book of Proverb puts it in a more direct form, “The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him.” (Proverbs 15:8). When you read the second book of Chronicles, you will observe another injunction from God, and He said; “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (2Chronicles 7:14). Sin creates a barrier between us and God and also blocks us from receiving favour from God. How do you relate with your neighbors? Do you inflict pains, sorrows to them? How is your lifestyle? The earlier you turned away from evil, the better for you.

If you observe those “prayer houses”, “miracle centers”, “shrines” etc. closely, you will notice that they are always NEGATIVE in their prophecies. They tend to see the negative problems of your life. Anytime you visit them, they will request for money, gift and foodstuffs for a problem to be solved. They can never be POSITIVE in their prophecy. Their solution may work but it will not last. Their solution is TEMPORARY and it comes with regrets. The Igbo people will say, “wete isi bia buru isi” which means “nothing is free”.

When you are faced with challenges, visit the Chapel, go on your knees and cry out to God. Participate actively in the Sacrifice of the Holy Mass, say Novena to our Lady, abstain from sin and God will answer you at the appointed time.

Finally, God sent His Son to redeem and reconcile the world to him. Afterwards, He sent the Holy Spirit to make all things perfect and guide us in times of trial, to be with us as we wrestle with sin and grant us the grace always to seek God in our inmost heart. Let us through the Holy Spirit; know what Christ requires of us and in the end reign in eternity with God our Father. AMEN

THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment