Tuesday 11 July 2017

HOW I MET HIM ON FACEBOOK.

In 2013, I had barely finished secondary school and was probably seeking for an admission in a higher institution (when my initial plans didn't work) then I was invited by a priest to spend some weeks with him at the rectory. It was my first time of having to live in a parish rectory. The few weeks I spent there was really awesome and I learnt a lot from the priest. As days rolled into weeks, I met a young, energetic, vibrant, gentle and humble young man.
He was a senior seminarian studying for the priesthood in a well known major seminary. He had returned home for holidays and in one of his visit to the rectory, we crossed paths. Though we didn't get to know each other fully but then he was of immense help to me especially he was actually the one that took me round 'Ariaria market' Aba to get a few things. That was my first time of being to the market. The last time we saw was when he returned back to school. One of the curates had drove us back to Owerri since I lived in Owerri and he equally schooled in Owerri. We didn't exchange contacts then and I never imagined we will meet again.


Last Sunday, while going through my Facebook wall, I came across an article written by someone (I never knew it was him). After reading the article, I knew the writer must be a seminarian or maybe an ardent Catholic faithful. His choice of words were perfect and his writings were superb. Quickly, I glanced through his Facebook profile and I noticed we barely had nine mutual friends. There was no proof to show that he was a seminarian but then again, I saw many wonderful soul enriching write-ups written by him. Trust me, I sent him a friend request. Within few minutes, I received a message from him. He was kinda anxious to know if we have met before, I guess he does not usually accept friend requests anyhow.

Gradually, we exchange pleasantries and we got to know each other. I told him the need to create a personal blog since he was into writing. At first, he didn't buy the idea but later he saw reasons to own a personal blog where he can always post his articles for posterity sake. I taught him the basic rudiments in creating a blogger website and within few minutes he created one.
Within two days, he has been able to arrange the blog so well.

Just last night, while we were chatting, I got to know that he was actually the young man I met in the parish rectory four years ago. I was astounded. He never believed me at first not until when I showed him some photos and reminded him how we met each other back then. He was shocked. It was like a movie. Thanks to Facebook for reconnecting us once more.

Friends, always be conscious of what you post online. You will never know who will stumble on your post one day. What you post on this platform can uplift you and can also mar you. I was able to reconnect with him without knowing it due to his articles on this platform.
The choice is yours, make a choice, be conscious of what you post online.

Kindly bookmark his blog (copelmarysentences.blogspot.com). You will surely enjoy his posts.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment